(gompa tib. monastery)
is located in the eastern region of Tibet known as Kham and near the town of Zhaskar.
It was established approximately in the year 1650,
during the time of the 10th Gyalwa Karmapa and the 5th Dalai Lama.
The monastery was founded and built by Ju Lama Songhak Tenzin who was a descendant of the Mongolian king,known to the Tibetan's as Ju Amnye Parchen Yeshé.